Sunday, December 28, 2008

Gentlemen Oh Gentlemen

I found out the other day that yes, in fact, there are still gentlemen left in this world. While men no longer readily give up their set on the metro, hold doors for ladies or open car doors, there are still a few out there who think twice and do something nice.

I was at Starbucks waiting for my grande chi tea latte and there was an attractive man waiting next to me. He was fiddling with his Blackberry but was not distracted enough to ignore my once over. He got his coffee first and started for the door. I soon followed, though I was far enough behind that there really was no need for him to hold the door. He walks out, door closing behind him, pauses on the sidewalk and turns back around. Then, he opens the door for me! I smile, walk out and say "thank you."

See, there really are some gentlemen still out. I hope that I am fortunate enough to encounter a few more.

No comments: