Friday, October 23, 2009

Autumn Automated

Alright, I'm aware that in my last post I committed myself to keeping up with the blog a bit better then I had been. Guess that didn't quite work out. Ahh well. Perhaps this time around I will stick with it.

Once again I find myself blazing through my favorite season on cruise control. Each moment is passing by the same way it did last year. Like autumn 2008, there's a new guy in my life who is great...better...then the last. But is there something wrong with me that I always meet people around this time? Perhaps a seasonal condition of some sort? I am breaking a few habits this season though - Halloween is fast approaching and this will be the first time in a few years that I have not trekked up to Ithaca to visit S.A....instead I might be trekking to Manhattan to visit my other S and my handful of NYC loves. Still undecided. Naturally, after Halloween comes Thanksgiving and I will NOT be going to Connecticut. Instead, the entire Christopher clan is heading to the Outer Banks for the weekend. In fact, the 23 of us that will be down there are participating in a Thanksgiving morning 5K. Let's see how competitive we get!

Recap:

A few weeks ago I was in Greece and Italy. It was fantastic! Steph, Janine and I spent 3 days in Athens and the island of Aegina and then flew to Italy for the remainder of the trip. Basing ourselves in Rome, we did day trips to Florence and Capri. Can you say B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!?? I was blessed by the Pope, drank a lot of wine and Mythos, ate delicious (and interesting) food, and had an incredible trip. Since I've been back stateside, I've caught up with friends, attended a wonderful Christopher family dinner with uncle Dave as the guest of honor, and have been pretty busy at work. My world is hectic and crazy, but I love it.

No comments: